Wednesday, July 3, 2013

FOOD!

July 3rd: 380lbs (home scale)

For the first month after my surgery I am on a liquid diet and that consists of broths, yogurts (with no fruit), cottage cheese, creamy soups (strained), sugar free jello and pudding, frozen yogurt, popsicles with no fruit...stuff like that. 

I was running short of these supplies yesterday so I went to Wal-Mart to re-stock.  My car had about 8 cups of yogurt, a tub of cottage cheese, ramen ( I like to cook the ramen noodles in the water, throw away the noodles and add the seasoning packet to the water, I feel like it gives it a little more flavor.)
I was standing in from of the pudding section in the backing isle trying to decide between chocolate and vanilla pudding.  A lady behind me says "Ma'am...can I ask you a question?"  sure.  "Are you getting ready to have a bariatric procedure?"  I had one last week, is my cart full of liquid soft foods giving it away? "I'm having one this Friday and I'm so excited" Oh good.....  Then she went back to the call on her cell phone informing the person that she had just met someone who had 'her surgery'.
I wasn't offended in the slightest...but I did think she was lucky that I did have surgery... and not just some super fat girl who loved yogurt and pudding :)

10 days before the surgery I did a clear liquid diet.  I had protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, and then for dinner I would either have another shake or make some broth.  No pudding or cottage cheese or yogurt.  It was very hard.  I almost killed my entire family on the 3 or 4th day.  I did finally get past that 'hunger' feeling, and then it was just mostly getting over the mental side of wanting to eat.  One of my biggest things was telling myself that after my surgery I could eat again...it would only be a little...but I would be able to eat.   Well, clearly it isn't that way.  Yogurt and cottage cheese is hardly 'eating'...and I find myself getting frustrated.  The funny thing is, as soon as I eat some pudding or about a 1/2c. of broth I'm really full and don't' want to eat anything else.  I just get in these foul, pouty moods where, like a three year old, I complain "I don't WANT to eat broth." So I don't.  Then I DO get hungry and grumpier and mean.  Finally I give in and whine and eat a little and I feel fine and I have to apologize for being crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you doing this blog...I couldn't be more proud of you!

    ReplyDelete