Monday, September 30, 2013

GOING DOWN

September 26th: 351.5 (Dr's office scale)

Well I'm down exactly 60 pounds from the 411 that I was at the beginning of June.  I'd say that's not too bad for a little less than four months.  I had an appointment with Dr. Simpson last Thursday, and he was extremely happy about my results.  He says I'm doing wonderfully.

I can eat almost anything now, just not very much of it.  I try to avoid breads and starches too much.  The one food I can't seem to handle at all is pizza.  I've had a couple bites of thin crust pizza a couple times, and I usually end up throwing it up.  I find that I'm not very hungry very often, but I do find myself eating out of boredom a lot.  Like, if I bring food to my office, I usually eat it all.  But if I forget to bring anything, I am usually OK until I get home.  It makes me realize how bad it was before to just be eating all the time, because I was bored and eating A LOT more than I do now.

My clothes are getting big.  I have some size 30 jeans that I haven't been able to wear for a long time now (they were even a little too big before the surgery), but now my jeans that I have never been able to dry in the dryer if I wanted to wear them; now I HAVE to dry them after a couple wears.  That's nice.   Most of my shirts are fitting OK, mostly because they were just plain to small for me a few months ago. 

No one really says anything about me looking like I'm loosing weight  (other than Daron, who says it all the time).  I was home in August, and at that time I was down about 40 pounds, and no one said anything.  I figure it's because my sisters have been loosing weight too, and they both looked a lot better than me.  I didn't tell anyone about the surgery, other than my family and Darons mom.  She never says anything to me about looking skinnier, but Daron says she has mentioned it a few times to him.  She said she doesn't want to say anything to me because I told her before I had the surgery that I wasn't going to tell many people about it because I didn't want everyone asking me all the time how much I lost, or what if the surgery didn't work, then I wouldn't want everyone wondering why I was still fat.  Oh well, I'm not doing it for the recognition, just to feel better and be healthier.  Which I am.  My ankles do not swell up anymore like they used to (probably mostly because I was drinking a crap ton of soda everyday). 

So....only good things to report so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment