Thursday, August 1, 2013

Plateauing

July 25th: 375 lbs. (doctors office scale and home scale, late afternoon weigh in)

I can't seem to get below 370 lbs. for the past week or so.  I weigh about 370 first thing in the morning and a few pounds more in the evening...but I think that's typical.  I'm getting SO FRUSTRATED because I feel like this is the time when I should be dropping a lot of weight...but I'm just stuck! 

I had an appointment on July 25th and the doctor was very pleased with my progress.  He said I was above average in how much I've lost...but it just doesn't' seem that way!  I mean...I can wear some jeans that I haven't been able to wear for a while...but that's about it.  My shirts are the same and not feeling any looser.  I am feeling VERY frustrated at this.  I think I just got my hopes up that I would loose tons of weight in the first few months...but really it may just be only 40 pounds.  It's very depressing. 

The doctor said now I need to cut out dairy products and stick with fruits, veggies and soft proteins (like fish).  That's been going pretty good.  I still get crazy full and feel satisfied for a long time after eating.  I just wish I could figure out why the weight has stopped coming off...

1 comment:

  1. Umm...40 lbs in 2 months?! I would say that is quite good! I have been going since March and can't seem to even lose 25! Maybe now is the time to join Daron's gym . . . even if you just go swimming. Moving around in the water is great exercise. I never really swim, I just paddle around doing the bicycle pump with my legs (usually floating on my noodle). . . I wish I had a pool to go to again. Maybe we could go sometime when we come out there!

    ReplyDelete